Hello there! I’m an Australian-Finn, now in the second half century of life. I’m an intrepid nomad and professional coach possessed with a keen curiosity to explore the world around me, and to keep discovering and learning new things. I created this community to share with and support fellow free spirits and world explorers, who are, like me, possessed with a keen curiosity to explore the world around them, and to keep discovering and learning new things.
Ok, so what can you enjoy as a member of the Life on the Run community? Well, here’s a starting list, but it’s dynamic and hence will morph over time as the community evolves.
- discussions, advice and guidance on endurance sports training practices
- life coaching discussions and support on the analysis and resolution of personal issues
- regularly published Haikus (and other poetry and essays) with discussions about their deeper significance and application in everyday life situations
- access to my collection of active lifestyle videos (e.g. bicycle touring, walking trips, explorative running, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, life lessons and self-development, even pipe smoking!)
- open discussion about pretty much ANY matter, as long as all engagements are respectful by all concerned.
Now, to answer the obvious question coming out of the above, ‘What makes you qualified and relevant to express your views about those matters?” Well, please allow me to briefly tell you a little more about myself.
I’ve spent pretty much my entire lifetime as a professional in the field of health, sports, fitness and coaching. I was originally trained as a physiotherapist in Australia (way back in 1988!). Then, over the years, I’ve morphed into a professional level endurance sports and life coaching, having travelled and worked in at least a dozen different countries around the world, including as well as an tertiary level academic and educator of future health and fitness professionals.
I want you to also know that I practise what I preach In my personal life, in other words, I walk my talk. I’ve been a long distance runner (marathons and ultramarathons) all my life, including completing the 2012 edition of the famous Marathon des Sables footrace, a 254km journey over 7 days in the Sahara desert of Morocco (as well as a couple of Ironman triathlons). I still run regularly, but my main focus has now shifted to training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu which I began in 2018. That decision and the journey since is a story in itself! Anyway, there’s way more to unpack about my journey to get to this point in my life, but hopefully the above gave you some idea.
I look forward to not only sharing my content with you, but to also hear about what’s going on in your life. Together, let’s make OUR community an oasis of open & respectful sharing, exploration, discovery and real learning with real life applications.
Once again, welcome to your Life on the Run!